[ovirt-users] Problem with hosted engine setup - vsdmd does not start

Willard Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Thu Dec 17 12:28:39 UTC 2015

OK, should not have used the term “vanilla” I guess… I have customized the OS to fit into my environment (not so much with kickstart, mostly via Ansible) and of course have installed Gluster 3.7 and configured volumes for the engine and VM storage. So it’s not like it’s running on a completely stock CentOS 7 install (that would be basically unusable for me…)

Doing a complete reinstall would be many hours of work (already have done that once to reconfigure Gluster) so not really interested in doing that…

I’d love to continue debugging; just frustrated that everything done so far has not worked (read thread for details…) and we cannot get the vdsmd service to run… I do very much appreciate the assistance of all the RHAT folks who have responded to this thread, you are my only hope of getting this stuff running, as I’m not an oVirt expert by far....

-Will