[ovirt-users] Problem with hosted engine setup - vsdmd does not start

Willard Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Thu Dec 17 13:16:38 UTC 2015

I checked and we do have a custom /etc/sudoers set —

[root at ovirt-node-01 vdsm]# cat /etc/sudoers
#
# NECLA custom /etc/sudoers
#
# *** Managed by Ansible; do not edit manually,
#     file will be rewritten on next Ansible run! ***
#
# Do NOT add sudoers directly to this file; add them to the "wheel" group in /etc/group
#

Defaults    requiretty
Defaults   !visiblepw
Defaults    always_set_home
Defaults    env_reset
Defaults    env_keep =  "COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS"
Defaults    env_keep += "MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY"
Defaults    secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
root	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL
%wheel	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL

What is missing / needs to be changed here to allow vdsmd to start correctly?