[ovirt-users] Problem with hosted engine setup - vsdmd does not start

John Florian jflorian at doubledog.org
Fri Dec 18 22:53:08 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 08:16 AM, Willard Dennis wrote:
> I checked and we do have a custom /etc/sudoers set —
>

> [root at ovirt-node-01 vdsm]# cat /etc/sudoers
> #
> # NECLA custom /etc/sudoers
> #
> # *** Managed by Ansible; do not edit manually,
> #     file will be rewritten on next Ansible run! ***
> #
> # Do NOT add sudoers directly to this file; add them to the "wheel" group in /etc/group
> #
>
> Defaults    requiretty
> Defaults   !visiblepw
> Defaults    always_set_home
> Defaults    env_reset
> Defaults    env_keep =  "COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS"
> Defaults    env_keep += "MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE"
> Defaults    env_keep += "LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES"
> Defaults    env_keep += "LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE"
> Defaults    env_keep += "LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY"
> Defaults    secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
> root	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL
> %wheel	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL
>

> What is missing / needs to be changed here to allow vdsmd to start correctly?

The first thing I'd do is to move that file aside and reinstall the
default from the package, i.e., yum/dnf reinstall sudo.  Make sure
ansible doesn't squash this while you test again.  If that resolves the
problem start looking at the differences between yours and the default
to isolate what & why.  If it doesn't resolve the problem then you need
to look elsewhere of course.

-- John Florian