[ovirt-users] network configuration oVirt 3.5

Kristof VAN DEN EYNDEN Kristof.VANDENEYNDEN at politiewestkust.be
Thu Dec 17 15:33:28 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

After trying to install oVirt 3.6 on CentOs which was a lot of pain, I ended up installing 3.5 without hassle.

BUT Now I'm trying to configure the network for my first cluster host but I'm having troubles doing so.

The server has 4 network ports,
Eth0 = Virtual management network, 172.16 range, only used for oVirt / KVM
Eth1 = Local network where the Guest should be accessible range 11.x
Eth2/3 unused..

Initially, no network is assigned, but I feel eth0 should be linked to ovirtmgmt I automatically using it's IP that is assigned?

When I assign ovirtmgmt to eth0 and set the IP to the corresponding IP it already has for that host and the local network to eth1 the host loses connection (until it resets it's connections...)
->not assigning an IP is no option as I can only select static /dhcp for ovirtmgmt

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D138E8.A8BEF4F0]

Met vriendelijke groeten
Kristof VAN DEN EYNDEN
ICT Consulent
Dienst ICT
T. + 32 58 53 31 03 | G. +32 497 45 59 86

kristof.vandeneynden at politiewestkust.be
[cid:image005.png at 01D138E8.A8BEF4F0]

Pz Westkust
Zeelaan 48