[ovirt-users] ovirt reports an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v3 @ 3.20GHz as a Intel SandyBridge Family?

gflwqs gflwqs gflwqs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:02:45 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have registered a new DELL R730 machine in ovirt 3.5.6 this server type
has a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v3 @ 3.20GHz.
When i try to add a the new host to a cluster with a haswell architecure i
get an error:
"Host xxx moved to Non-Operational state as host does not meet the
cluster's minimum CPU level. Missing CPU features : model_Haswell"

When i look at the hardware tab on the host it says:
CPU Model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v3 @ 3.20GHz
and
CPU Type: Intel SandyBridge Family

This is not a SandyBridge Family processor?

When i change the cluster to be a SandyBridge Family cluster the host can
be activated.

What are my options?
- Is it a bug i can get a fix for? (I can't upgrade to 3.6)
- Can i  force it to report correctly?
- What am i loosing in terms of functionality/performance if ovirt thinks
its a SandyBridge processor?

Thanks!
/Christian