[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine setup - got " Failed to start service 'ovirt-ha-agent' "

Willard Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Fri Dec 18 18:08:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Did a hosted engine setup using a Gluster storage domain, it went well until the end, where I got this error:

[ INFO  ] Saving hosted-engine configuration on the shared storage domain
[ INFO  ] Shutting down the engine VM
[ INFO  ] Enabling and starting HA services
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed to start service 'ovirt-ha-agent’
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151218124259.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination

Full screen output from setup run:
http://pastebin.com/yWkppmjG <http://pastebin.com/yWkppmjG>

What’s my move now? Hopefully the install can be salvaged….

FYI, I have three hosts I’m using for oVirt; they are named “ovirt-node-[01,02,03]”

Thanks,
Will