[ovirt-users] Cannot retrieve answer file from 1st HE host when setting up 2nd host

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Sat Dec 19 02:42:16 UTC 2015

Doing a “hosted-engine —setup” on my 2nd oVirt host, and am getting the following error:

          --== SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ==--

[WARNING] A configuration file must be supplied to deploy Hosted Engine on an additional host.
          The answer file may be fetched from the first host using scp.
          If you do not want to download it automatically you can abort the setup answering no to the following question.
          Do you want to scp the answer file from the first host? (Yes, No)[Yes]:
          Please provide the FQDN or IP of the first host: 249.26.200.91
          Enter 'root' user password for host 249.26.200.91:
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': [Errno 2] No such file
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151218205656.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination

The problem may be slowness of the SSH connection to the 1st host; ever since I did the hosted engine setup on the 1st host and it created the ‘ovirtmgmt’ bridge et al, it now for some reason takes a long time (~50 sec’s) to SSH into the host…
Example: (key exchange was first done from 2nd host to first host)

[root at ovirt-node-02 ~]# time ssh root at ovirt-node-01 uptime
 21:37:33 up 1 day, 10:43,  0 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.15, 0.14

real    0m50.185s
user    0m0.048s
sys     0m0.006s

So maybe because of that reason, the setup SCP session is timing out?? How can I fix this?