[ovirt-users] 3.6.1 HE install on CentOS 7.2 resulted in unsync'd network

John Florian jflorian at doubledog.org
Sun Dec 20 17:06:49 UTC 2015

On 12/19/2015 05:53 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 1:08 AM, John Florian <jflorian at doubledog.org
> <mailto:jflorian at doubledog.org>> wrote:
>
>     I'm trying to get a 3.6.1 HE setup going where I have 4 VLANs
>     (VIDs 101-104) for storage networks, 1 VLAN (VID 100) for
>     ovirtmgmt and 1 more (VID 1) for everything else.  Because I know
>     of no way to manipulate the network configuration from the
>     management GUI once the HE is running and with only a single Host,
>     I made the OS configuration as close as possible to what I'd want
>     when done.  This looks like:
>

> Why do you think of this necessary pre-work?

Because my storage is iSCSI and I need the VLAN configuration in place
for the Host to access it on behalf of the HE.  Otherwise, yes I agree
it would be easier to let the hosted-engine script deal with the set
up.  I've done a workable setup before letting the script do everything,
but the mode 4 bonding only gave me half the possible performance
because in effect one NIC on the NAS did all the transmitting while the
other NIC did all the receiving.  So I really need all of the storage
network setup in place prior to starting the HE deployment.

It seems like it should be trivial to convince the engine that the two
netmasks are indeed equivalent.  I tried changing in
/var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/ovirtmgmt the '"prefix": "24"'
setting to '"netmask": "255.255.255.0"' and running
/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config but that didn't seem to change
anything WRT the network being out of sync.

--
John Florian