[ovirt-users] After update to 3.6.1 profile internal does not exist message

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 19:57:17 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Oved Ourfali <oourfali at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Reading it again, I'm not sure the engine was even tested with centos 7.
>> As far as I know only centos 6 is supported/tested for the engine machine.
>>
> Our ovirt-engine-appliance is already based on Centos 7 so I think that a
> consistent part of our 3.6 upstream user is already on that.
>
> [root at enginevm ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

Yes, for engine VM in HE I used the oVirt shipped appliance that was
already in CentOS 7.1 and the flow I was trying to complete was to update
it to 7.2 as supported.

>From the last output I sent it seems in some way sanlock was responsible
for the detath of engineVM right after completion of engine-setup.
And possibly causing any corruption inside the db
If it can be of any help, here the contents of the two tables involved

storage_domain_static
and
storage_domain_dynamic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvU0RoZjFZSzRKbzQ/view?usp=sharing

If you have any othr quey to run against db....

but I don't understand how this can influence the fact that inside the web
ui login I don't see any selectable value for the profile field: the
"internal" default domain is missing.... I didn't implement any other
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvNTV1S2M3MGdKNHM/view?usp=sharing

Gianluca