[ovirt-users] Import KVM/libvirt VMs to oVirt

ovirt at timmi.org ovirt at timmi.org
Sun Dec 20 10:13:06 UTC 2015

Hi list,

finally I managed to install oVirt on my new server and so far it is
really great.

The next step on my side it to migrate VMs from another server
(KVM/libvirtd/virt-manager) to oVirt.
I was trying to find something in the documentation but so far no luck.

Google was pointing me to tow options:

- virt-v2v
- import-to-ovirt.pl (script from Richard WM Jones)

Currently I'm trying to migrate a Win7 VM (with VirtIO) with
import_to_ovirt bzt I receive the following error message:
./import-to-ovirt.pl: no operating system was found on the disk

I'm executing the following command:
./import-to-ovirt.pl /path-to-image-file/disk.img hostname:/export-domain

Is anyone able to support me here?
As both systems are running KVM there should be a quite easy way to
migrate the VMs or not?

Best regards
Christoph