[ovirt-users] After update to 3.6.1 profile internal does not exist message

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 19:50:50 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Yedidyah Bar David" <didi at redhat.com>

Hi,

there are several reasons for this:

1. aaa-jdbc is an engine 3.6 extension, engine requires its presence to
   provide 'internal' domain but it doesn't require any specific version,
   so users may update aaa-jdbc independently on engine if they need
   features provided provided by new version

2. engine-setup automatically configures/upgrades 'internal' domain, but
   users may define manually other domains (as described in README.admin)
   and those domains are not touched by engine-setup at all

3. Due to 1. and 2. we decided not to define version specific requirement
   between engine and aaa-jdbc in engine-setup (same behaviour as already
   exists for other engine extensions). So users may for example upgrade
   engine, but leave aaa-jdbc as is or leave engine as is and upgrade
   aaa-jdbc if they need it. Users just need to get used to read doc
   before doing upgrade.

Martin