[ovirt-users] HE on Gluster?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 06:06:56 UTC 2015

On 12/22/2015 09:28 AM, Eriks Goodwin wrote:
> I see conflicting advice regarding hosted engine storage...  what is
> the current state of the art on this?
>
> 1) Should an HE use gluster-ed storage--or not?

HE with 3-way replica gluster volume is supported officially when the
glusterfs server is running on separate host (separate from the host
where HE is being installed)

Support for running engine and gluster on same hosts (hyperconverged
setup) is currently being tested, and it requires that the gluster
volume also has sharding feature enabled. We will be publishing
recommendations and how-tos on this shortly.