[ovirt-users] New oVirt Node releases?

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 08:52:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Kevin Hung <egbert314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that there have not been any official releases of oVirt Node
> since 3.5.2 [1]. I have tried looking through the Users and the Announce
> mailing lists for any information regarding the lack of releases, but I was
> not able to find anything from the past few months. The official
> documentation for oVirt seems to indicate that oVirt Node is still
> supported.
>
> Are there just build problems preventing oVirt Node from being released? Or
> are we supposed to use either the latest Jenkins build or our own build [2]
> if we wish to deploy oVirt Node?

Hey Kevin.

In the last months we went over to only release oVirt Node through Jenkins [3].

The main reasons is that the Node team was focused on stabilizing
Node, instead of improving the release process.

For the old isos in [1] - We should probably remove them and point to
the continous builds.

I've also updated the links on the main Node landing page:
http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Node

Greetings
- fabian

[3] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node_ovirt-3.6_create-iso-el7_merged/