[ovirt-users] How to run "engine-backup"?

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Tue Dec 22 16:32:26 UTC 2015

Yay, I *finally* have my 3-host hyper-converged oVirt datacenter stood up :)

[root at ovirt-node-01 ~]# hosted-engine --vm-status

--== Host 1 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : ovirt-node-01
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"health": "good", "vm": "up", "detail": "up"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 65c41ca5
Host timestamp                     : 217522

--== Host 2 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : ovirt-node-02
Host ID                            : 2
Engine status                      : {"reason": "vm not running on this host", "health": "bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "unknown"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : a7a599d8
Host timestamp                     : 56101

--== Host 3 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : ovirt-node-03
Host ID                            : 3
Engine status                      : {"reason": "vm not running on this host", "health": "bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "unknown"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 6e138d0b
Host timestamp                     : 432658

Now in the oVirt webadmin UI down in the "Alerts" section, I am seeing this message:

"There is no full backup available, please run engine-backup to prevent data loss in case of corruption."

I do not see a "engine-backup" CLI command on my hosts; how does one do this? (I have searched ovirt.org to no avail...)

Thanks,
Will