[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6.1 USB Host Device passthrough

ovirt at timmi.org ovirt at timmi.org
Wed Dec 23 08:28:47 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I'm currently trying to get USB devices into a VM.
My host is running a oVirt 3.6.1.

I'm trying to use the GUI feature to add the device into the VM and I'm
facing two issues:

1. I receive the following message while starting the VM:
Error while executing action:

<VM_Name>:

  * Cannot run VM. There is no host that satisfies current scheduling
    constraints. See below for details:
  * The host <host_name> did not satisfy internal filter HostDevice
    because it does not support host device passthrough..

2. The USB device list never get refreshed while removing or inserting
different devices.

Does anyone knows what I'm doing wrong or what I need to check?

I found for example the following description for oVirt 3.5.
http://wiki.rosalab.com/en/index.php/Blog:ROSA_Planet/How_to_use_USB_device_inside_VM_under_Rosa_Virtualisation_%28oVirt_3.5%29

But this is not helping me as I will have multiple USB devices with the
same ID in the host.

Best regards and Merry Christmas
Christoph