[ovirt-users] How to add a Gluster storage domain on hyper-converged?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Dec 24 05:56:51 UTC 2015

On 12/24/2015 08:24 AM, Will Dennis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a three-node hyper-converged oVirt datacenter running; now I
> need to add my first storage domain. I had prepped for this before
> installing oVirt by creating two distributed Gluster volumes with 3x
> replicas (one for the hosted engine, one for VM storage) –
>
> [root at ovirt-node-01 ~]# gluster volume info | grep -e "Name" -e "Type"
> -e "Number"
>
> Volume Name: engine
>
> Type: Distributed-Replicate
>
> Number of Bricks: 2 x 3 = 6
>
> Volume Name: vmdata
>
> Type: Distributed-Replicate
>
> Number of Bricks: 2 x 3 = 6

Do you have 2 bricks on each node for the engine volume?

> Now I’d like to use the “vmdata” volume for my storage domain. When in
> webadmin I select “New Domain” I get a dialog that lets me select
> GlusterFS as the storage type, but then requires a “Use host:”
> setting, and a path. Is it possible for me to select one of my oVirt
> hosts (they all have the ‘vmdata’ volume), and then use
> “localhost:/vmdata” for the path? Or will this not work?

Use host -> use any of the hosts.
path -> <host1>:/data
Enter mount options -> backup-volfile-servers=<host2>:<host3>

In 3.6, I think the mount options are automatically appended with
backup-volfile-servers. But providing this info here will also work. The
bakup-volfile-servers help in accessing the gluster volume when the
host1 that was used to mount the volume goes down, and any of the other
hosts needs to remount the gluster volume