[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6: Dummy interfaces

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Thu Dec 24 18:37:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

I just upgraded my oVirt 3.5.1 install to 3.6.  I have a self-hosted
engine setup all on a single server.

I make use of dummy interfaces for internal networks for my various
labs/testing setups.  Normally I edit the following file:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/config.py

I then go to the variable 'fake_nics' and add 'dummy*", so it looks like this:

('fake_nics', 'dummy_*,veth_*,dummy*', ),

After I added my entry, I even restarted the whole server (which
restarts the VDSM on the host as well as the engine VM), but when I go
into the "Network Interfaces" on the host the dummy interfaces are not
showingup.

Are dummy interfaces still supported in 3.6?  I see a feature called
"Isolated Networks" in 3.6; is this essentially a replacement?  The
Features page is a bit confusing to me on how to create an isolated
network?

Thanks!

Regards,

Alan