[ovirt-users] Upgrade path from Fedora 20 oVirt 3.5 to Fedora 22 oVirt 3.6

Blaster Blaster at 556nato.com
Sat Dec 26 20:22:31 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 1:10 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi, upgrade from FC20 to FC22 has not been tested and you're welcome
> to help testing it.
> What I would suggest is:
> - make an image of your existing engine (I suggest clonezilla for
> doing it)
> - install ovirt-release36 from
> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release36.rpm
> - fedup from fc20 to fc22 directly, without the fc21 step
> - run rpmconf -a and update relevant config files (be sure to not just
> overwrite them!)
> - run postgresql-setup --upgrade
> - run engine-setup
>
> I suggest to update to fc22 directly because there aren't FC21 builds
> of ovirt engine and the fedup process may not work as expected with
> missing repos.
>
> If the upgrade fails, you can restore the disk image created with
> clonezilla and retry with a different procedure.
>
> If you hit any issue or if you succeed let us know!

So I did a fedup from 20 to 22, which went fairly well. I did have some
issues though:

named was missing some libraries after the upgrade.  Removing named and
reinstalling has fixed that up.

rpmconf -a is giving me the following error:
# rpmconf -a
/usr/libexec/pk-command-not-found: error while loading shared libraries:
libpackagekit-glib2.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
  dnf provides "*/libpackagekit-glib2.so.16"
Last metadata expiration check performed 0:59:14 ago on Sat Dec 26
13:19:20 2015.
Error: No Matches found

So not sure what's going on there.  I do have PackageKit-glib-devel
installed.

  postgresql-setup upgrade

Cannot upgrade because the database in /var/lib/pgsql/data is not of
compatible previous version 9.2.

What do I do about this?

I did engine-setup afterwards and everything seems to be running fine.

I did have to set my host CPU type back to Sandybridge as it wasn't
recognizing my I7 4790K.  Seems to be a known issue.

I also have explanation points next to all my VMs stating that my time
zone configuration differs between the VM config and the guest config,
which they do not.