[ovirt-users] Upgrade path from Fedora 20 oVirt 3.5 to Fedora 22 oVirt 3.6

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 21:44:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Blaster <Blaster at 556nato.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2015 1:10 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>>
>> Hi, upgrade from FC20 to FC22 has not been tested and you're welcome to
>> help testing it.
>> What I would suggest is:
>> - make an image of your existing engine (I suggest clonezilla for doing
>> it)
>> - install ovirt-release36 from
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release36.rpm
>> - fedup from fc20 to fc22 directly, without the fc21 step
>> - run rpmconf -a and update relevant config files (be sure to not just
>> overwrite them!)
>> - run postgresql-setup --upgrade
>> - run engine-setup
>>
>> I suggest to update to fc22 directly because there aren't FC21 builds of
>> ovirt engine and the fedup process may not work as expected with missing
>> repos.
>>
>> If the upgrade fails, you can restore the disk image created with
>> clonezilla and retry with a different procedure.
>>
>> If you hit any issue or if you succeed let us know!
>

> So I did a fedup from 20 to 22, which went fairly well. I did have some
> issues though:
>
> named was missing some libraries after the upgrade.  Removing named and
> reinstalling has fixed that up.
>
> rpmconf -a is giving me the following error:
> # rpmconf -a
> /usr/libexec/pk-command-not-found: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpackagekit-glib2.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>  dnf provides "*/libpackagekit-glib2.so.16"
> Last metadata expiration check performed 0:59:14 ago on Sat Dec 26 13:19:20
> 2015.
> Error: No Matches found
>
> So not sure what's going on there.  I do have PackageKit-glib-devel
> installed.

Try doing "dnf reinstall *PackageKit*" to get everything correctly loaded.

>  postgresql-setup upgrade
>
> Cannot upgrade because the database in /var/lib/pgsql/data is not of
> compatible previous version 9.2.
>
> What do I do about this?

The Fedora PostgreSQL packages only include the version of pgsql plus
the previous. Fedora 22 had PostgreSQL 9.4 (with upgrade capability
from 9.3, which was in Fedora 21). The way to solve that would be to
forcibly install the postgresql-upgrade package from Fedora 21 to
upgrade it correctly. I'm not sure that would work like you'd hope,
though.

> I did engine-setup afterwards and everything seems to be running fine.

Then don't worry about it, for now.

> I did have to set my host CPU type back to Sandybridge as it wasn't
> recognizing my I7 4790K.  Seems to be a known issue.
>
> I also have explanation points next to all my VMs stating that my time zone
> configuration differs between the VM config and the guest config, which they
> do not.

Not sure why that's happening.