[ovirt-users] HE (3.6) on gluster storage, chicken and egg status

Fil Di Noto fdinoto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:07:20 UTC 2015

I've managed to get hosted-engine running but could use some direction
for what comes next.

All hosts are in default/default datacenter/cluster
All 4 hosts are running glusterd
HE is installed on glusterfs volume, replica 3, on hosts 1,2, and 3. (
started with replica 4, but removed 4th brick to satisfy HE --deploy)

Datacenter is not initialized

Issues:
Attach hosted_storage to Default datacenter fails
New volume dialog doesn't allow me to select a datacenter (list is empty)

Questions:
1. Why doesn't replica 4 work as a glusterfs volume, is this just
because of the installer or is there a more fundamental reason?
2. I assume the reason I can't create new volumes is because I don't
have a data storage domain configured yet. I want all of my data
storage to be glusterfs. How do I escape this chicken/egg puzzle?
3. What question should I be asking that I am not?

Thanks