[ovirt-users] Hosted engine vs. hypervisor hosts naming on hyperconverged setup

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Sun Dec 27 20:10:42 UTC 2015

Hi Roy,

I did not ever change the engine name… When I deployed it with ‘hosted-engine —setup’ I gave it its’ own hostname/IP, assuming it would need one that’s different from any of the virtualization hosts. So the virt hosts have names / IPs as follows:

ovirt-node-01   xxx.yyy.zzz.91
ovirt-node-02   xxx.yyy.zzz.92
ovirt-node-03   xxx.yyy.zzz.93

…and the engine VM has the hostname / IP as follows:

ovirt-engine-01   xxx.yyy.zzz.95

The engine setup log can be viewed at: http://ur1.ca/od171

I clicked on the “Data Centers” node on the left nav of webadmin, and I see that the “Default” DC (the only one I have) has a status of “Uninitialized”… Not sure how to initialize it (there’s no menu option for that on the node…)

Thanks,
Will