[ovirt-users] Self-hosted engine: Host cannot activate - network issues

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Tue Dec 29 14:48:09 UTC 2015

On 29/12/2015 12:17 AM, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> In principle pre-creating the bridge should work, but is not commonly tested.
>
> Perhaps you also had issues with NetworkManager?

After I do the minimal install I always stop and disable NetworkManager
(and firewalld), anfd in the ifcfg-* files I set 'NM_CONTROLLED=no'.
For good measure, I usually reboot also.

> Please open bugs if it does not work.

Alright, I will do a fresh OS install on my server, not pre-create
ovirtmgmt bridge, and run through the same steps as "Up and running with
oVirt 3.5", except use 3.6 packages.  If it gets stuck and does not
create the ovirtmgmt bridge, I will file a bug.

I file a bug with any other issues I encounter as well, if necessary.

I will report back on on results.

Regards,

Alan