[ovirt-users] Self-hosted engine: Host cannot activate - network issues

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Dec 30 07:49:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Alan Murrell <lists at murrell.ca> wrote:
> Everything seems to be good.  The install created the "ovirtmgmt" bridge
> without any issue.  At one point after I did the 'engine-setup', I thought
> the host got stuck, as it seemed to stay on "[INFO] Connecting to the
> engine" for quite a bit of time, but my "screen" session just got broken.

:-(

> reconnected to the screen session, and was able to continue/finish the
> setup.

For even less attended and hopefully quicker deploys, you can try
ovirt-appliance. It's still not published on our repos, but you can use the
last one from jenkins:

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-appliance_ovirt-3.6_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/lastSuccessfulBuild/

> Logging in to the webadmin indicates all seems to be fine (network
> interfaces are good, no errors, survives a reboot)
>
> Thanks for your insight on this! :-)

Thanks for the report!
--
Didi