[ovirt-users] R: Re: Network instability after upgrade 3.6.0 -> 3.6.1

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Dec 30 09:44:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 09:57:07PM +0000, Jon Archer wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> It's definitely not the switch, it seems to be the latest kernel package
> (kernel-3.10.0-327.3.1.el7.x86_64) which stops bonding working correctly,
> reverting back to the previous kernel brings the network up in 802.3ad mode
> (4).
>
> I know, from reading the release notes of 7.2, that there were some changes
> to the bonding bits in the kernel so i'm guessing maybe some defaults have
> changed.
>
> I'll keep digging and post back as soon as i have something.
>
> Jon
>
> On 29/12/15 19:55, Stefano Danzi wrote:
> >Hi! I didn't solve yet. I'm still using mode 2 on bond interface. What's
> >your switch model and firmware version?

Hi Jon and Stefano,

We've been testing bond mode 4 with (an earlier)
kernel-3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64 and experienced no such behaviour.

However, to better identify the suspected kernel bug, could you provide
more information regarding your network connectivity?

What is the make of your NICs? Which driver do you use?

Do you set special ethtool opts (LRO with bridge was broken in 7.2.0
kernel if I am not mistaken)?

You have the ovirtmgmt bridge on top of your bond, right?

Can you share your ifcfg*?