[ovirt-users] [GSoC] Announcing the 2015 Google Summer of Code!

Brian Proffitt bproffit at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 16:17:30 EST 2015

Hey, oVirt Community!

Though there was some question regarding oVirt's eligibility in the 2015 Google Summer of Code, it turns out that we *are* eligible to apply for the program again. Applications for potential mentoring organizations are now open and are due at 1100 PST (1900 UTC) on Feb. 20, 2015.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015

As with last year, we would need to come up with projects for students to work on. The projects can be different skill levels, and they can be modular. They should also be doable within eight weeks in a summer with mentor help.

If you are interested in mentoring such a project, visit http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/02/mentoring-organization-applications-now.html for more information, then come to http://www.ovirt.org/Summer_of_Code so we can coordinate ideas prior to submitting to Google.

Given the issues from last summer, it is very important that all mentors be very familiar with project deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact me as soon as possible

Peace,
Brian

--
Brian Proffitt