[ovirt-users] reverse lookup failure during overt engine configuration

Cam Wright cwright at cuttingedge.com.au
Sun Feb 1 00:30:53 UTC 2015

Does 'dig fqdn'  from the oVirt engine server return the IP address your
expecting, and does 'dig -x ipaddress' from the oVirt engine server return
the fqdn you're expecting?

If not, then it's possibly not the oVirt system that's having the issue and
instead may be something in DNS land.

It might also be worth checking search domains and name servers in
/etc/resolv.conf for sanity.

-C

--

Cam Wright | IT Support Officer / SysAdmin / Trawler of Logs
*CUTTING**EDGE*

*/SYD /BNE /MEL /TYO*