[ovirt-users] reverse lookup failure during overt engine configuration

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Feb 1 07:20:38 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

(
BTW, there is a bug here - missing space between 'reverse' and 'resolve'.
Now pushed [1] for this to master branch.

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/37424
)

> How is ovirt-engine trying to reverse lookup the domain? If I know that, I
> could probably fix the issue.

You can see the code doing this check in
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt_engine_setup/hostname.py

You can check the log, mentioned by engine-setup, in /var/log/ovirt-engine/setup,
to try and see what failed.

Generally, by default, the check above is ran only when configuring all-in-one.

It looks up the input fqdn, and for each result address, looks up its reverse
mapping (the PTR record) using 'dig -x', and checks that the result is equal to
the input fqdn.

Best,
--
Didi