[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5.1 user permissions

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Feb 1 12:59:26 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 05:20 PM, Donny Davis wrote:
> You are assigning permissions at too high of a level.
>
> Set the following permissions for users to be able to only see what they create
>
> Add a new set of permissions in the config menu
>

> Login to system
> Create instance
> Attach to storage domains

giving PowerUserRole at DC level is fastest/simplest way.
if you need lower granularity then that, you need to give the
PowerUserRole for specific clusters / storage domains / (networks?)

(at the more granular level you can use
DiskCreator/VmCreator(/VnicProfileUser?), but just using PowerUserRole
is simplest.