[ovirt-users] [Users] A mobile monitoring application for oVirt

Karli Sjöberg karli.sjoberg at slu.se
Mon Feb 2 08:27:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 09:23 +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Tomas Jelinek <tjelinek at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>         Thank you! From the XML it seems that the size of the memory
>         is bigger than the size of integer - and we are trying to
>         parse it to int and it fails.
>
>         @Sphoorti - could you please check if it is indeed this
>         problem and provide a patch if yes?
>
>         >
>         > that is the id of c7server that causes movirt to terminate
>         when trying to
>         > connect to it
>         >
>         >
>         https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvbmJsTFlrN2l5R00/view?usp=sharing
>         >
>         > Gianluca
>

> Ok, I'll test the patch when available.
> In the mean time I registered same incorrect behavior after:
> - updating my engine and y host to latest CentOS 6.6 + patches
> - updating the 3.5.0 infra to latest 3.5.1
> - using an ldap user instead of admin at internal
>

> BTW: what are the permissions requirements for a user on a vm in
> general to be able to see it and its status in movirt?
>

> One note on usability:
> using the smartphone (Samsung S2 has 4.3" display) I noticed that if I
> connect to a VM, then the notification part related to it seems
> somehow small in the bottom part of the display.
> It would be nice to have a sort of ability to enlarge or dim it, so
> that one could concentrate on vm events or vm status details depending
> on his/her needs...
>

> Gianluca

Similarly, coming with feedback about the app as such, I noticed that I
was constantly logging out of the engine, even after shutting the app
down, and even going through Settings -> Apps -> Show cached processes,
and killing it, I was still logging out over and over again until I
restarted the phone. Perhaps a button to manually connect/disconnect
would be in order?

/K