[ovirt-users] Upgrade to 3.5.1

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 08:47:59 UTC 2015

On 02/01/2015 04:40 PM, Demeter Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is glusterfs 3.6 is neccessary for ovirt 3.5.1?
> I have 3.5.2 at this moment.
>
> 3.6 neccessary for upgade ?

If you only want to upgrade the engine to oVirt 3.5.1 - you don't need
to upgrade the gluster nodes. I understand that your gluster nodes are
separate from the virt nodes. That is, you do not have any cluster
enabled with both virt + gluster service.

glusterfs 3.6 is not necessary to upgrade engine to oVirt 3.5.1. It
would only be required if you were upgrading the cluster level (the
compatibility version) which in turn would require newer vdsm versions
and gluster versions. But in your case, I think you already have your
cluster running with glusterfs 3.5.2. What is the cluster compatibility
version?

> I'm worried what will happed with my gluster volumes after the
> upgrade... :(
>
> Plese help me.
>
> Also, how can I upgrade the nodes? Need i'm to a "yum upgrade" on the
> compute nodes?

By upgrade the nodes - you mean only the compute nodes? yum upgrade on
each node should work.
You can also move the Host to maintenance mode and click on Reinstall or
upgrade from engine.