[ovirt-users] please test and give karma to novnc on epel6

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:09:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> a new package restoring novnc on epel6 has been pushed:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/novnc-0.4-9.el6
>
> Please help testing and giving karma.
> Thanks,
> --
> Sandro Bonazzola
> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
> See how it works at redhat.com

hello,
I'm currently on 3.5.1.1 with myengine and both engine and another system
configured as host are 6.6 + updates
(host has 3.5.1 packages too)
I have an ubuntu vm configured with vnc console.
>From user portal I select novnc and open console and I get
Server disconnected (code: 1006)

(that seems the error when websocket proxy is not configured as in
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/718653
)

Is this the problem we are trying to address? Or is anything wrong at first
step in configuring?
I have not updated novnc package yet.

My current setup for test:

On engine
[root at ovirtmgr ~]# engine-config -g WebSocketProxy
WebSocketProxy: ovirtmgr.localdomain.local:6100 version: general

[root at ovirtmgr ~]# service ovirt-websocket-proxy status
ovirt-websocket-proxy (pid  10848) is running...

[root at ovirtmgr ~]# lsof -Pp 10848|grep TCP
ovirt-web 10848 ovirt    5u  IPv4              51868      0t0     TCP
*:6100 (LISTEN)

[root at ovirtmgr ~]# iptables -L -n | egrep "Chain|6100"
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW tcp
dpt:6100
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

The client is windows 7 with firefox 35.0.1
and I correctly imported the certificate of ovirtmgr.

So let me know if I'm in the point to apply the novnc patch and test it or
if it is supposed I fix my 1006 error before.
Also, the novnc package I think I have to install it on hypervisor, correct?
Gianluca