[ovirt-users] Upgrade to 3.5.1

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 11:16:46 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 08:12 PM, Demeter Tibor wrote:
> Hi Sahina,
>
> Unfortunately my compute nodes and gluster nodes are on same servers.
> I running my VMs on the gluster nodes and vica-versa.
> Also, my ovirt portal is running on the first node, that is an gluster
> and compute node too.

Is this hosted-engine setup? Have you looked at
http://www.ovirt.org/Hosted_Engine_Howto#Upgrade_Hosted_Engine ?

> I have a gluster based installation with three servers, two for
> replica&VMs, one for VMs-s only.

If you're upgrading from oVirt 3.5 to 3.5.1 - there's no new dependency
on glusterfs. So, you could decide not to upgrade glusterfs and just
upgrade the vdsm on the nodes.

> This is a productive environment, so I'm affraid so much of
> upgrading...:(.I don't want glusterfs mistakes, split-brains, etc..)
>
> Also, I could make little downtime for upgrading, but I'm need to know
> what is the trustable upgrade procedure. Is there an official upgrade
> documentation for ovirt, that is contain the glusterfs upgrde methods?

There are separate documentations - for oVirt upgrade and glusterfs
upgrade. No mechanism to upgrade glusterfs on nodes from within oVirt.