[ovirt-users] please test and give karma to novnc on epel6

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 12:04:58 UTC 2015

Il 03/02/2015 12:09, Gianluca Cecchi ha scritto:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com <mailto:sbonazzo at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     a new package restoring novnc on epel6 has been pushed:
>     https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/novnc-0.4-9.el6
>
>     Please help testing and giving karma.
>     Thanks,
>     --
>     Sandro Bonazzola
>     Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
>     See how it works at redhat.com <http://redhat.com>
>

> hello,
> I'm currently on 3.5.1.1 with myengine and both engine and another system configured as host are 6.6 + updates
> (host has 3.5.1 packages too)
> I have an ubuntu vm configured with vnc console.
> From user portal I select novnc and open console and I get
> Server disconnected (code: 1006)

Have you imported the CA in your browser?
You can download the certificate authority by navigating 'https://<your engine address>/ca.crt'.

> (that seems the error when websocket proxy is not configured as in
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/718653
> )
>
> Is this the problem we are trying to address? Or is anything wrong at first step in configuring?
> I have not updated novnc package yet.

No, the issue here is that novnc was orphaned in epel6 and we built a custom novnc within ovirt for having it back.
Now someone took maintainership of novnc within epel6 and in order to get it back the package must have enough karma.
That's why test is requested.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com