[ovirt-users] importing iscsi storage domain

Elad Ben Aharon ebenahar at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 14:55:31 UTC 2015

Hi Steven,

In order to import the VMs from the imported storage domain, the VMs configuration files (which are called OVFs) have to be uploaded first before the domain is detached from the setup. This is being done by engine in a time interval of 60 minutes (it's configurable using rhevm-config --set OvfUpdateInMinutes=<value> and restart ovirt-engine service). From 3.5.1, the OVFs are uploaded once you move the storage domain to maintenance. did you do so in the original RHEV environment? What was the version of this environment?
If you didn't deactivate the domain in the first environment and then tried to attach it to the DR environment, the existence of the VMs in the domain depends on the OVFs upload that was supposed to be done by the first engine, which is being done every 60 minutes as explained, so if you've created those VMs and immediately destroyed the setup, those VMs probably won't be available for you in the DR environment.

Elad Ben Aharon
RHEV-QE storage