[ovirt-users] Installation issue

Pascal Jakobi pascal.jakobi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:39:13 UTC 2015

Hi there
I am trying to setup ovirt 3.5 as per J. Brooks' instructions for an
hosted engine.
I skipped the Gluster part as I use NFS.
However, I fail with 'Sanlock lockspace add failure'.
What does this mean ? What did I do wrong ?

Thanks !

[ INFO  ] Stage: Setup validation

           --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--

           Bridge interface                   : em1
           Engine FQDN                        : manager.dummy.fr
           Bridge name                        : ovirtmgmt
           SSH daemon port                    : 22
           Firewall manager                   : iptables
           Gateway address                    : 192.168.1.1
           Host name for web application      : hosted_engine_1
           Host ID                            : 1
           Image alias                        : hosted_engine
           Image size GB                      : 25
           Storage connection                 : nfs.jakobi.fr:/var/nfs
           Console type                       : vnc
           Memory size MB                     : 4096
           MAC address                        : 00:16:3e:58:1f:d1
           Boot type                          : cdrom
           Number of CPUs                     : 2
           ISO image (for cdrom boot)         :
/tmp/CentOS-6.6-x86_64-minimal.iso
           CPU Type                           : model_SandyBridge

           Please confirm installation settings (Yes, No)[Yes]:
[ INFO  ] Stage: Transaction setup
[ INFO  ] Stage: Misc configuration
[ INFO  ] Stage: Package installation
[ INFO  ] Stage: Misc configuration
[ INFO  ] Configuring libvirt
[ INFO  ] Configuring VDSM
[ INFO  ] Starting vdsmd
[ INFO  ] Waiting for VDSM hardware info
[ INFO  ] Configuring the management bridge
[ INFO  ] Creating Storage Domain
[ INFO  ] Creating Storage Pool
*[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Cannot acquire
host id: ('1bf0dbdb-fc1d-4b7f-8198-e946bd47e2d8', SanlockException(-203,
'Sanlock lockspace add failure', 'Sanlock exception'))*
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20150206093147.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination

--
Pascal Jakobi <mailto:pascal.jakobi at gmail.com>