[ovirt-users] VM Import problems

Greg Padgett gpadgett at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 22:23:11 UTC 2015

On 02/05/2015 04:37 PM, Donny Davis wrote:
> I need some help getting my users vm’s imported back into the system after
> the failure yesterday. I reattached the storage and half of the vm’s
> imported without issue. The other half of the vms give this error
>
> Error while executing action: Cannot import VM. Storage Domain doesn't exist
>
> Funny part is, I only had one storage domain… and I imported it back into
> the engine… I’m confused.
>
> Donny

Hi Donny,

Are there any additional details accompanying this error in the engine
log?  It sounds like a bug, just not yet sure where to look.

As for a possible hack/workaround (maybe someone else will have a
safer/easier idea here!), the OVFs holding the domain ids in question are
in a tarball on the imported storage.  If the import failure is happening
because the storageId in the OVFs is wrong, it should be possible to
update them to the correct value and retry the import.

Note that by default the tarball is on the storage in 2 places--I'd change
them both, but of course don't forget to make a backup first.

HTH,
Greg