[ovirt-users] New user intro & some questions

George Skorup george at mwcomm.com
Tue Feb 10 00:29:15 UTC 2015

Scott,

I'm sure you are completely correct. I do not want to run oVirt this
way. I would very much prefer a dedicated machine for the engine,
dedicated KVM nodes and dedicated storage/gluster nodes, or a real SAN.
But this is the "you get this" and "make it work" that I get from upper
management. So I'm going to continue testing 3.5.1 this way, and when
it's too much load / performance sucks, then I can say, "I told you so".

I was reading through the planned features for 3.6 which says storage on
the virt nodes will be supported. Again, I understand this is not
optimal, but if I have to tell them this needs to wait for 3.6 to be
released for this configuration to be supported, then so be it. And if
performance still sucks, which I don't doubt, then... I told them so.

Anyway.. I was playing around today, and I'm not sure how or why, but
the engine UI now shows the gluster volume stuff.. on the combined virt
+ gluster nodes.