[ovirt-users] New user intro & some questions

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 02:02:53 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The meaning of "support" is important here -- support from whom? It's
true that there's no gluster+virt SKU of the RHEV downstream project.
All configurations of ovirt proper are self-supported, or community-
supported, and what we choose to support is up to us individuals.

However, gluster + virt on the same nodes does work -- even w/ management
through the engine. I do use gluster on my virt nodes, but I don't manage
them w/ the engine, because, afaik, there isn't a way to have gluster and
virt on separate networks this way, so I just manage gluster from the
gluster cli.

It's true, oVirt is happiest w/ separate machines for everything, and
a rock-solid san of some sort, etc., but that's not the only way, and
as you point out, hardware isn't free.

Jason