[ovirt-users] Can't remove snapshot due to low disk space on storage domain?

Rik Theys Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Feb 10 10:00:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm running the ovirt engine 3.4 series. I've created a snapshot of a VM
with an OS and data disk before upgrading the machine.

The upgrade went fine and I now want to remove the snapshot.
Unfortunately this fails with the error:

"Cannot remove Snapshot. Low disk space on target Storage Domain
stadius-virt2_PERC."

So I can't free disk space by removing the snapshot because I don't have
enough space?

When I look at the VM the disks are shown as preallocated (which is what
I selected during installation). When I look at the storage tab and list
the disks in my storage domain, the disks are now shown as thin
provisioned with the actual size > virtual size.

How can I remove this snapshot? I don't have enough free disk space in
my storage domain to duplicate the data disk of my VM.

Regards,

Rik

--
Rik Theys