[ovirt-users] mixing tagged and untagged vlans on a same interface

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 08:06:05 UTC 2015

What Martin said is correct, let me just add that originally this
limitation was put in place because in older kernels the bridge for the
untagged network could see tagged traffic over the same physical
interface, which was a security loophole (as a VM using the untagged
bridge could sniff all the traffic on the physical interface).

This isn't the case anymore, so in 3.6 we want to remove this limitation.