[ovirt-users] Directly connect NIC or other cards to VM?

Martin Polednik mpolednik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 11:36:53 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hello,

just on the status of the feature (as it's exactly what you require - direct
pci device attachment) - the host side is hopefully ~week away from being
ready, the UI side will take longer though - if you wanted, you could probably
run nightly and spawn the VM yourself and treat is as external VM. CCing Martin
Betak, who is the one to blame for the UI :)

You also need RHEL 7 (ideal support will be in 7.1) and I suggest reading
the chapter on IOMMU groups, as you might need to block (detach from host)
other devices than the nic in order to get it passed through.