[ovirt-users] FW: ovirt and glusterfs setup

Bill Dossett bill.dossett at pb.com
Wed Feb 18 17:37:33 UTC 2015

Sorry, forgot to copyall...

From: Bill Dossett s
Sent: 18 February 2015 17:37
To: 'Donny Davis'
Subject: RE: [ovirt-users] ovirt and glusterfs setup

Well, it seems to be something that RedHat were saying was going to be supported.

I am far more familiar with VMware VSAN and that is current a VERY hot topic.

With VMware HA and VSAN capabilities and new chassis coming out with very high density drive capabilities and the correct number of nodes, you can lose a node with no more downtime than if compute and storage are separated and it's a helluva lot less expensive than traditional Fibre SAN.

Saying that it is in it's infancy.

I'm interested in your ovirt deployment - thanks for the kind offer - but very short on time as well as this is a side project - so this may move at a snails pace... so I thought I could get started on my own.

I think I instaslled ovirt 3.2 previously... and I did see mention of Gluster Domains.  If you let me know what I need to do to have a look at your deployment I would appreciate it.

I may be slow at responding though as I am spread very thin right now.

Thanks
Bill