[ovirt-users] Sync Error on Master Domain after adding a second one

Stefano Stagnaro stefanos at prisma-eng.com
Fri Feb 27 14:54:31 UTC 2015

I think I finally managed to replicate the problem:

1. deploy a datacenter with a virt only cluster and a gluster only cluster
2. create a first GlusterFS Storage Domain (e.g. DATA) and activate it (should become Master)
3. create a second GlusterFS Storage Domain (e.g. DATA_NEW) and activate it
4. put DATA in maintenance

Both Storage Domains flows between the following states: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x542q1epf40ar5p/Screencast%20from%2027-02-2015%2015%3A09%3A29.webm?dl=1

Webadmin Events shows: "Sync Error on Master Domain between Host v10 and oVirt Engine. Domain: DATA is marked as Master in oVirt Engine database but not on the Storage side. Please consult with Support on how to fix this issue."

It seems DATA can be deactivated at the second attempt.

--
Stefano Stagnaro

Prisma Engineering S.r.l.
Via Petrocchi, 4