[ovirt-users] hosted-engine : how to shutdown hosts?

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Sat Feb 28 13:41:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

just a minor problem I guess: I have a small test environment with 2
hosts and a hosted engine on a separate NFS3 share, all running CentOS7.
The VMs are running from an iSCSI storage.

When I want to shutdown the environment I:

- shutdown VMs
- enable global maintenance mode
- "shutdown -h now" on the hosted engine vm
- "shutdown -h now" on the hosts

The problem: instead of shutting down, the hosts perform a reboot after
a short while.

Is this the expected behaviour or a known bug? How can I cleanly
shutdown my OVirt-environment?

Thank you,
Uwe