[ovirt-users] OVirt 3.5 node

Douglas Schilling Landgraf dougsland at redhat.com
Sun Jan 4 04:33:21 UTC 2015

Hi Jason,

On 01/03/2015 05:02 PM, Jason E Parks wrote:
> Does the Node Building process located
> http://www.ovirt.org/Node_Building work to build a hypervisor for ovirt
> 3.5?

Thanks for testing. Yes, that's correct place. Just keep in mind to use
the branch ovirt-3.5 and add the ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm.

> Having some difficulty getting the ovirt 3.5-pre hypervisor images
> added to ovirt. Keep getting "install failed"

If I understood correctly, the problem is registering the node from TUI
to oVirt Engine. Could you please share more details about the "install
failed"? Anything on ovirt-engine GUI on events tab? logs?
Would be nice to understand the install failure because depending of
issue and component you might see it again even building the node by
yourself.

> Alternatively, does anyone have an EL7/EL6 kickstart for rolling your
> own they're willing to share?
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Jason E. Parks - 511855
> Linux System Administrator - RHCE, LPIC3
> Seagate Technology - U.S. Business Data Center
> http://www.seagate.com <http://www.seagate.com/>
> email : jason.e.parks at seagate.com <mailto:jason.e.parks at seagate.com>
> phone: +1(405) 324-3222
>
> WARNING: The information contained in this transmission may be
> privileged or confidential. It is intended only for the above-identified
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please forward this
> transmission to the author and delete this transmission and all copies.
> Thank you.

Cheers
Douglas