[ovirt-users] How can I add usernames in ovirt? i.e., is admin account

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 18:29:16 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, January 06, 2015 02:14:27 AM Sandvik Agustin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Good day, I just want to know if how can I add usernames in ovirt? i.e., is
> admin account is already exist and I want to create another account i.e.,
> users or clients account.
>

> TIA

Yes you can, you will need to use some kind of directory service like
OpenLDAP, FreeIPA, or something similar to make it happen. Depending on which
version of oVirt you are using the setup is slightly different. If you are
using 3.5 make sure to use the new LDAP implementation it is much easier to
debug if there are problems.

Simply google ovirt ldap for more information. A pretty good walk through can
be found here [1]

Alexander

[1] https://cloudspin.me/ovirt-simple-ldap-aaa/