[ovirt-users] Using gluster on other hosts?

Will K yetanotherwill at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 18:37:09 UTC 2015

Hi
I would like to see if anyone has good suggestion.
I have two physical hosts with 1GB connections to switched networks. The hosts also have 10GB interface connected directly using Twinax cable like copper crossover cable.  The idea was to use the 10GB as a "private network" for GlusterFS till the day we want to grow out of this 2 node setup.

GlusterFS was setup with the 10GB ports using non-routable IPs and hostnames in /etc/hosts, for example, gfs1 192.168.1.1 and gfs2 192.168.1.2.  I'm following example from community.redhat.com/blog/2014/10/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-5/ , Currently I'm only using Gluster volume on node1, but `gluster probe peer` test worked fine with node2 through the 10GB connection.

oVirt engine was setup on physical host1 with hosted engine.  Now, when I try to create new Gluster storage domain, I can only see the host "node1" available.

Is there anyway I can setup oVirt on node1 and node2, while using "gfs1" and "gfs2" for GlusterFS? or some way to take advantage of the 10GB connection?

ThanksW