[ovirt-users] [STORAGE] Adding posix compliant FS

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Thu Jan 8 05:04:21 UTC 2015

On 12/21/14 06:59, Nir Soffer wrote:
> [...]

Hey Nir,

> It is not clear what are you trying to do - is this lv on shared storage, and accessed
> by multiple hosts or use only one host?

It's a local LVM mount.

> If the lv is shared, you cannot create a file system and mount it on multiple hosts (unless you
> are using cluster file system).
>
> If this local storage for one host, you should create a file system and mount it, and then
> you can use the mountpoint as local storage.

If I proceed this way then the ovirt node needs to be in it's own local
cluster, correct?

> Please describe in details what are you trying to do and how did you create the storage
> domain in the engine side.

I first did a default centos install which created the LVM stuff. I then
lvrename the home LV to images LV.

My end goal is to use the posix compliant mount option to have each of
my ovirt nodes the option to use local storage for VMs for which I'm not
fussed if they can migrate between the cluster or not.

Does this make more sense?

--julian