[ovirt-users] [Feature review] Select network to be used for glusterfs

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 12:59:50 UTC 2015

On 12/01/15 14:44, Oved Ourfali wrote:
> Hi Sahina,
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1. As far as I understand, you might not have an IP available immediately after setupNetworks runs (getCapabilities should run, but it isn't run automatically, afair).
> 2. Perhaps you should pass not the IP but the name of the network? IPs might change.

Actually, IP address can indeed change - which would be very bad for
gluster functioning! I think moving networks or changing their IP
addresses via Setup Networks should be blocked if they're used by
gluster bricks.

> 3. Adding to "2", perhaps using DNS names is a more valid approach?
> 4. You're using the terminology "role", but it might be confusing, as we have "roles" with regards to permissions. Consider changing "storage usage" and not "storage role" in the feature page.

Well, we've already been using this terminology for a while now
concerning display/migration roles for networks... That's probably the
terminology to use.