[ovirt-users] [Feature review] Select network to be used for glusterfs

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 08:12:11 UTC 2015

On 01/12/2015 06:14 PM, Oved Ourfali wrote:
> Hi Sahina,
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1. As far as I understand, you might not have an IP available immediately after setupNetworks runs (getCapabilities should run, but it isn't run automatically, afair).
> 2. Perhaps you should pass not the IP but the name of the network? IPs might change.
> 3. Adding to "2", perhaps using DNS names is a more valid approach?

To the gluster volume add brick command, the brick information needs to
be passed in the form <ip address or host name>:<directory path>

So even if we do show the network names in the UI, we will need the
underlying IP address to form this command.
Regarding DNS names, currently is there a way to query for the DNS
aliases for a host? I would need to use hostname in the command above,
and assume that the user has setup his DNS outside of oVirt to correctly
resolve to internal/external network, correct?